Warm enough for a picnic? Or cold enough to freeze your breath? In Nebraska, we can answer “Yes” to both questions on the same day. As we adjust to changes in the weather, it’s important to keep your furnce running safely and efficiently so it’s ready for cold spells. Follow these furnace care tips from AmeriSpec Omaha and Lincoln.
- Install a programmable thermostat and set it to lower temperatures when you’re not at home, or you’re sleeping. This can reduce your fuel consumption by as much as 20 percent.
- Clean or replace furnace filters every two months.
- Make sure your heat vents and cold air returns are not blocked so air can flow properly.
- Keep combustible materials or obstructions away from the furnace area. This ensures that an adequate supply of combustion air is available to mix with fuel so the furnace functions properly.
- Get your air ducts cleaned by a professional every three to five years.
- Have a licensed/qualified heating professional check and service your furnace each year.
If your furnace is older and you’re thinking about upgrading to a more efficient model, AmeriSpec can assist you when deciding if this would be a worthwhile investment. Call us at 402-393-3696 in Omaha or 402-483-2010 in Lincoln to set up an appointment.
- On January 20, 2017
- 0 Comments