AmeriSpec Omaha and Lincoln wishes a happy and safe 4th of July celebration for you and your family.
The offices of AmeriSpec, TNT Termite, Pest Solutions 365, Leapin Lizard Locksmiths and SRE HomeServices will close at 2 p.m. Monday, July 3. We also will be closed all day on July 4.
Even though Mother Nature has provided plenty of “natural fireworks” lately with all the storms, many of you will be lighting traditional fireworks as well. Here are some tips on handling fireworks from the National Council on Fireworks Safety.
- Parents and caretakers should always closely supervise teens if they are using fireworks.
- Parents should not allow young children to handle fireworks.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Do not hold a firework in your hand unless specifically stated in the caution label.
- Fireworks should be used only outdoors.
- Always have water ready, both in a bucket and in a charged hose, if you are using fireworks.
- Have a Designated Shooter for the fireworks and make sure he/she reads the caution label before igniting.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them.
- Wear eye protection (safety glasses) whenever using fireworks.
- Only light one firework at a time.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Used fireworks should be soaked with water and placed in a nonflammable trash can outside. Keep it several feet away from a house, garage, deck area or anything else flammable.
- On June 30, 2017
- 0 Comments