Elements of a home inspection: Interior
During our interior inspection, AmeriSpec Omaha and Lincoln checks for cracks in walls and ceilings. Minor cracks are very common in most homes. A representative number of windows are opened when access is available. We perform a visual check of ovens and built-in dishwashers. We also check cooking systems to ensure they operate.
- Drywall: Damage, signs of movement, moisture stains. Inspect the walls, ceilings and floors.
- Jack stud: Damage, deterioration, movement.
- Firebox: Damage, damper operation, creosote buildup. Inspect and describe the fireplace system and components.
- Mantel: Signs of pyrolysis, firebox back drafting.
- Hearth: Proper construction, signs of back drafting.
- Floor finish: Signs of damage.
- Subfloor: Moisture damage/deterioration, sagging.
- Door (bi-fold): Proper operation, loose/missing hardware. Inspect representative number of doors and windows.
- Stairs: Loose/damaged/deteriorated components, safety issues. Inspect attached decks, balconies, stoops, steps, porches and their associated railings.
- Hand rails: Proper connection, deterioration, safety issues.
- Floor joist: Sagging, splitting, improper notching, deterioration. Inspect the structural components, including foundation and framing.