Labor Day weekend signals the end of summer, and time to start thinking about home and yard maintenace for fall. Made + Remade has some ideas for easy projects you can plan for Labor Day weekend.
- Start and check your leaf blower to make sure it’s ready to go when the leaves fall.
- Start planting! There’s time to plant a fall garden.
- It’s also time to plant fall bulbs, such as tulips and daffodils, before first frost. That happens sometime between Oct. 11 and Oct. 20 in the Omaha-Lincoln area.
- The forecast is calling for cooler temps on Sunday and the following week, so this would be a good time to reseed bare patches on your lawn.
- Before you reseed your lawn, fall also is a good time to dethatch and rake the yard to remove built-up grass clippings. If you have bare spots, aering the lawn also can help.
But don’t work too much this weekend. Be sure to add some fun for the family to the list!
- On August 31, 2015
- 0 Comments