October 23, 2012
Realtors Association of Lincoln honors
AmeriSpec as Affiliate of the Year
Tom Sutko, owner of the AmeriSpec Lincoln office, and his staff received the 2012 Outstanding Affiliate Award from the REALTORS@ Association of Lincoln (RAL) Oct. 10 during the group’s annual awards banquet.
“Since joining the Association, Tom Sutko and AmeriSpec Inspection Services have been contributing their time, money and effort to improving the Lincoln real estate industry and community as a whole,” said Nicole Jensen, RAL executive vice president. “Tom’s dedication and support to this industry and our Association are a shining example of what it means to be an Outstanding Affiliate.”
The RAL presents the award each year to an affiliate member who has conducted themselves in business and in the community so they are a credit to both, the RAL said. Criteria for selection include business conduct and experience, the image the company or person presents to the public, organized real estate activity, and civic and volunteer activity.
“It is an honor to receive the recognition from the RAL,” Sutko said. “My staff and I have made it a priority to become a true ‘Partner in the Community’ to join with our real estate colleagues throughout eastern Nebraska and southwest Iowa to serve our communities.
“When you combine this award with a similar award received in 2011 from the Women’s Council of Realtors in Omaha, it’s clear that we’ve been able to differentiate ourselves from other inspection companies in the markets we serve,” he said.
Sutko purchased the Omaha and Lincoln offices of AmeriSpec Inspection Services in spring 2010. Since then, the company has contributed nearly $100,000 to its real estate partners and related charities through its Partner in the Community initiative. Those contributions include:
- Awarding three Future Leader Scholarships each year for high school seniors, valued at $1,500 each.
- Creating a Community Board of Directors to gather input from AmeriSpec’s real estate partners.
- Appreciation luncheons and activities at broker and service partner offices.
- Contributions to real estate-related charitable funds such as CBSHOME-Habitat Build, Dodge Cares (NP Dodge Real Estate), Ben & Renee Lampman Fund (Deeb Realty), Prudential Ambassador’s Sunshine Kids program, Foundation for Giving (Woods Bros.) and Lincoln City Missions (HOME Real Estate).
- Contributions to Lincoln-area charities such as the Child Advocacy Center, League of Human Dignity, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, St. Monica’s, Habitat for Humanity and the Lincoln Food Bank.
- Membership in the RAL, Omaha Area Board of Realtors, Women’s Council of Realtors, Southwest Iowa Association of Realtors, various area Chambers of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau.
The company’s team of more than 20 employees has performed more than 60,000 home inspections since the Omaha/Lincoln franchise was started in 1997. This office is AmeriSpec’s no. 1 home inspection franchise in the United States and recently was awarded the Marion E. Wade award for operations excellence.
The company also has won the Best of Omaha award for home inspection services in 2011 and 2012.